Why Give Online?
Online giving allows for consistent faithful giving. By setting up an online giving account, you can schedule recurring gifts to Grace Covenant. This means that you don’t have to worry about giving when you are out of town or unable to attend a service. With your online account you can also make one-time gifts when special funds are setup (e.g. for Festival of Praise and Thanksgiving).
Online giving allows the church to better plan and budget because of the consistency of recurring gifts to the church.
Grace Covenant uses our denomination giving platform developed by the Evangelical Covenant Church. This is a secure way to conveniently give online.
How to Sign Up for Online Giving
The first time you give you will need to create an account.
- Access Covenant Giving Online
- Select Give to Grace Covenant Church (you can select a different button if you are giving to a different fund).
- Select your Frequency of Giving, the amount, any notes, and click Add to Giving Cart
- Verify your gift and select Checkout
- Enter your email address first, and then click submit.
- For first time giving, enter your billing information.
- Select your Payment Method
- *Please Note that E-Check is the most economical way to give – the church only has to pay a small (under $1) processing fee. Credit Cards require a small fee plus an additional 1.5% of your donation.
- Once you are ready, you can click the Give Now button.
- Thank you for giving online! You can return to your account at anytime by following the link in Step 1 above.
What are the online giving transaction costs?
The church covers the costs of all transaction fees – there is no additional fee added to what you give. If you pay with…
- An online check (ACH), then the cost is a flat $.45 per transaction (monthly, weekly, etc.)
- Credit/Debit Card, they the cost is $.35 per transaction (monthly weekly, etc.) plus 1.5% of the donation.
Cost to the church vary depending on amount given, but using ACH will minimize the transaction fees the church pays.
Can I designate my gift to a particular cause?
At this time there is only an option to give to the General Fund, but in the future we will add options for giving to other funds, such as the building fund or youth fund.
What type of bank accounts can I use?
You can use a checking account, VISA, MasterCard, and Discover.
What is an Online Check?
An Online Check (or ACH) is a direct transfer from your checking or savings account. All you need is to provide your routing and bank account information off of your check. An online check is easy for you and the most cost effective way to give to the church.
What are my options for setting up recurring gifts?
You have the option of giving weekly, month, or annually.
How can we give to more than one fund?
Right now there is only one fund, but when there are more than one fund available online you would just create two separate transactions. For example, select General Fund and the recurrence and amount, and then click Add to Giving Cart. Then click Continue Giving and create another gift under the Building Fund designation.
What will I receive a receipt?
For each online gift you make, you will receive an emailed receipt immediately after your gift is processed. Grace Covenant Church is a 503(c)3 non-profit organization.
Can I view my giving history?
You can see your online giving history by logging into your account. When you visit the online giving portal, click on the View Your Donations tab at the top of the page.
Why am I redirected to another site?
Online giving to Grace Covenant Church is administered through the Evangelical Covenant Church Donation Portal. This is a secure website used to process donations.
Is it safe to give online?
Yes. The Covenant Giving site uses 128-bit encryption for the highest level of security. Credit Card and Online Check information is encrypted to the latest PCI security standards.
If I have additional questions, who do I contact?
For any questions, concerns, or comments about online giving, please contact the church office.